⭐⭐⭐ Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle is an upper elementary book for grades 3 - 6. A three year old girl is left at the Mostly Silent Monastery in Washington D. C. with no clue as to her identity or who left her there. Sister Wanda reluctantly takes her in and she is given the name Bicycle because of the shirt she was wearing when she was found. As Bicycle grows older, Sister Wand becomes concerned that she doesn't make friends and decides to rectify that by sending her to a camp, The Friendship Factory. Bicycle has no desire to go and decides she will make friends her own way and sets out, on her bike, to meet her bicycle hero Zbig Sienkiewicz who will be in America for the blessing of the bikes in San Francisco.
Why I picked it up? This was on the 2019 Texas Bluebonnet list and I try to read most of these. I like to listen to audio books and this one was available so I decided to listen to it.
How did you feel when you read it? The book started out a little silly and that isn't something I enjoy. I love books that will make me laugh, but silliness doesn't do that for me. I wondered if I would finish it, but when Bicycle started on her trip and the adventure began, I found myself really liking it. Bicycle is a good person and wants to help others. I enjoyed seeing that come out in the story.
What did you think about the book? It was easy to follow and not too many characters to keep up with. It felt a little slow at first but the author had to build Bicycle's background so you would understand the kind of person she is and why she does the things she does.
Who would you give it to? A more mature reader would find this an enjoyable read. It isn't riveting but more like a journey that you want to see how it will end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle by Christina Uss
⭐⭐⭐ Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle is an upper elementary book for grades 3 - 6. A three year old girl is left at the Mostly Silent...
-
I am a school librarian and have been one for 17 years. I love my job! I truly do. I'm sitting at my desk and it is a little past 6:00 P...
-
⭐⭐⭐ Adventures of a Girl Called Bicycle is an upper elementary book for grades 3 - 6. A three year old girl is left at the Mostly Silent...
No comments:
Post a Comment